What do people say about the famous N6A Sam Houston helmet? Let's see!
Bought this as a gift for my boyfriend seeing as he has wanted one for six years and it did not disappoint!!! He says it is even better than he imagined. And I feel better knowing he no longer has a plastic helmet.
By far the best thing i own...I take great pride knowing how my helmet was built and the tradition it carries.
I bought this helmet as a gift because I knew the recipient liked this kind of helmet. He is very impressed with how sturdy, and even heavy, it feels when held in the hands; but how lightweight it feels when worn.
Love my leather! Slightly heavier that my 1000 and 1010, but has a better balance to it so the extra weight is a non issue!
Convinced yet? No worries, we'll keep telling you about it.
The original leather helmet. Handcrafted to meet today’s performance requirements.
- FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- Hand crafted 100% leather shell
- An engineered impact cap of high-temperature rigid urethane foam with a tough Lexan outer dome and an ABS inner liner. Provides advanced thermal, impact, and penetration protection. Designed to increase protection at the sides where it’s needed most.
- Cairns' six-way overhead strap suspension system reduces shock transmission at the top of the helmet while providing a snug, comfortable fit.
- Sateen cotton liner with leather brow patch sewn to high density foam backing around the entire circumference of the liner
- Soft black Nomex chinstrap with one-hand quick release buckle and postman slide allows quick and easy adjustment.
- Three-position, rear-ratchet height adjustment ensures a secure and comfortable fit, with or without SCBA gear, for all head sizes
- Jumbo earlaps for increased neck coverage and protection.
- Larger diameter helmet hanger fits on larger hooks and racks.
- Insurance against fireground damage with Cairns 5-year shell replacement warranty.
They truly are hand-crafted to perfection, each one.
You can choose your eye protection depending what your department specifies or mandates. We've got goggles, bourkes, a 4" faceshield--you name it.