Ever heard of the Smith Indian Fire Pumps? Well they're a Wildland essential that Wildland Warriors have been depending on at the fireline for over 80 years!
Smith Indian Fire Pumps are a 5 gallon galvanized or stainless steel tank (your choice!) that's outfitted with a premium Smith and all-brass or chrome pump for years of bind-free use. Perfect for use in the event of a forest, grass, brush or rubbish fire. The lumbar support built into the kidney-shaped-tank provides support for greater comfort and balance, making the focus on putting out fires, and reducing the chance of back and shoulder pain that's often associated with hauling around heavy loads.
Users like the removable 1.75" heavy-duty polyproplene shoulder strap which a sliding clip-on strap, allowing the pump to be secured leaving you hands-free. The use of the dual nozzle is great, as it's a quick change from stream to spray without tools and the bottom discharge tank uses a reinforced brass outlet for greater strength.
The filter screen located inside the tank and at the outlet prevents clogging from leaves and other debris. The cap is ventilated but uses a cam lock design with a watertight gasket for positive closure.
|Model 90S: Stainless Steel with Chrome Pump||19" x 16-1/4" x 10"||10 lbs., 12.50 lbs. 5 Gallons|
|Model 90S: Stainless Steel with Brass Pump||19" x 16-1/4" x 10"||10 lbs., 12.50 lbs. 5 Gallons|
|Model 90G: Galvanized Steel with Brass Pump||19" x 16-1/4" x 10"||11 lbs., 13 lbs. 5 Gallons|
Some added features:
- Large 4" filler opening for easy filling and cleanout
- Carrying handle located at top of tank has clips for storing pump
- Slide pump fabricated from seamless brass cylinders
- A guide bushing on the inner cylinder allows for bind free operation
- Combination nozzle allows for operator to change from a straight stream to a cone spray quickly and easily without any special tools
- Nozzle secures to pump with beaded chain
- Pump can be disassembled by hand for complete in field maintenance
- Available in Stainless or Galvanized steel with a chrome or brass pump
Take your pick of the galvanized or stainless steel Smith Indian Pumps, and get Wildland-ready, today.