The New Missoula Hiking Boot is an 8" boot with a rugged Vibram heat resistant sole. The special non-slipping sole is stable and designed with a special heel to keep you upright on your feet on the most unsure terrain. These boots are perfect hiking boots due to the non-heat transferring composite midsole offering tons of stabilization. The nomex laces and stitching just add to the protection level, and the same glue is used on structural fire boots that are used on these. Therefore it's heat resistant up to 250 degrees, making them 2.5 times more heat resistant than similar Wildland boots.
These boots are available in size 5-14 and also in half sizes, too, which often times is hard to find!
One of our reviewers says, "All around great wildland firefighting boot. I am a firefighter with the forest service and require a good, strong and durable boot, and the Missoula is just that. On average I wear my boots approx 12 hours a day in the forest and out of the many style of wildland boots I've owned the Missoula really out shines the rest. The Missoula is extremely comfortable and durable while providing excellent protection for my feet."
With key features like this, they're worth it:
- Heat and Flame Resistant Vibram nitrile rubber sole with a stable non-slipping sole edge for uneven terrain. Sole is heat resistant to 573 F.
- Inner Liner: Breathable and abrasion resistant inner lining.
- HAIX Climate System: Permits air circulation with every step – moist air is released and fresh air comes in through the vent holes at the top of the boot.
- Heel Grip: Specially designed heel for superior footholds on steep or uneven terrain.
- Protective Midsole: Non-heat transferring composite midsole offers perfect side stabilization for hiking.