“The essence of training is to allow error without consequence.”
Training for firefighters is of utmost importance because while they're saving lives, they're risking their own. Firefighters need to know the safest, most effective way to handle a situation, and train and train and train in those situations so it becomes second nature when they only have a split second to make a decision. That's why we love the above quote, and we love the Forcible Entry Simulator.
It was a product that was designed specifically to train firefighters safely, efficiently, yet to be as realistic as possible. It's capable of resetting in seconds to be practiced over and over again, which means it's a great training tool to train large groups of firefighters fast.
Here are some of the details:
- Fast resetting inward and outward swinging door
- Secondary lock on inward-swinging door simulates a door chain, but is rugged, reusable and resets FAST
- Fast resetting window with adjustable realistic resistance and force padlocks
- 8 vertical cutting stations
- 2 horizontal cutting stations (one high, one low) hold-up anything up to 2" outside diameter round and square tubing
- Heavy-duty steel construction to withstand repeated abuse, and supports traditional entry with irons and today's modern hydraulic tools
- Industrial strength casters let you transport the heavy-duty structure easily, while the built-in floor jacks raise it off it's casters for super stable footing while in-use
- Full size simulator: 680 lbs. / 81" h / 47.25” w / 58" l
- Door unit simulator: 357 lbs. / 71" h / 32" w / 44 1/2" l
- 2 year warranty (Note: not intended for use with battering ram or sledge hammer)
To get a feel for how this works, check out the YouTube video below:
One of our website testimonials sums up this product and their experience perfectly:
"Unfortunately, forcible entry training is hard to do without destroying someones door. We purchased this prop so that we can train our firefighters on all aspects of forcible entry. If you don't know what you are doing, a door can make you look like a fool very easily. Now with this prop, our firefighters are able to train on forcing doors, windows and window bars without any additional cost. The units is resettable and does not require dowels or wood. I highly recommend this unit and would promote it to anyone interested in purchasing it."