Happy Halloween! Many of us on the East Coast enduring "FrankenStorm" may not be getting out to enjoy trick-or-treating this year. But for those of you out of harms way who are gearing up to head out tonight with your children, we've got a list of Halloween Safety Tips to keep you safe and sound!
Here are a few Safety Tips:
1. Think about your costume! Purchase or make costumes that are light and bright enough to be seen by motorists, or add reflective tape to them. Many of the costumes we sell are outfitted with reflective taping already since it's a necessity for Firefighting Turnout Gear to be highly visible.
2. Have your child carry a flashlight with them to ensure they can see and be seen. There are a wide variety of flashlights , safety light sticks, or light batons to chose from, making yours and your child's safety top priority.
3. If wearing a mask or hat, make sure it fits securely and the eyes are large enough to allow full vision to ensure safety when crossing the street, avoiding obstacles, etc.
4. Choose to trick-or-treat at safe homes, those of which have outside lights on signaling that trick-or-treaters are happily welcomed.
5. People expecting trick-or-treaters should consider dropping a long-lasting, safety light stick into their jack-o-lanterns instead of a candle to avoid a potentially dangerous or harmful situation.
6. Warn children not to eat any treats until all of it has been inspected by an adult (and of course, sneak a few safe pieces for yourself!).
7. Young children should always be accompanied by an adult to be properly supervised. Adults should also carry flashlights or light sticks to remain easily identifiable to their children. Or perhaps you could consider a safety vest with reflective trim.
While Halloween is fun time, it's also a holiday that requires some extra safety precautions! We hope this helps keep you and yours safe this evening.